Sunday, March 02, 2008

House of Dean (Dereon dont never get this flyy)

Only in Harlem. In the family of the Dean's would a wake and funeral be turned into a fashionshow. I ain't never see that much mink in my life. No animal is safe in the presence of the Deans. It was poppin. Yeah we cried. Yea we argued. But it was all copacetic. I met my sum long lost cousins of mine that quickly dubbed me they "favorite cousin" I think it had something to do with the 10 dollar bills I gave them each. lol. I ate so much fried chicken I wanted to do that Teyano Taylor dance. lol. But nothing was better than when all my grandfather's grandkids came to my house and we smoked massive greenery, had Pineapple Malibus (my drink of choice and expertise) and made plans for a Dean BBQ. It's good to bound with genuine family members that dont look down on you because you live in Harlem.
And I go a dance after I bury my dead so my sister took me to Bud's we was both wearing white and red (looking flyy Damu style), poppin Mo, pushing our groupies off us, telling the DJ what sounded good. You know, how we usually do it...and when that calypso came over the speakers I knew my grandaddy was wid me. Forever.

Life Lesson- When going to meet your maker make sure you suited and booted....

No comments:

Post a Comment