Thursday, November 27, 2008

From Malcolm X Blvd to Home of Malcolm X


Poetry really does take you new and interesting places. Well new places. So for instance me being from Harlem I don't know nothing about Omaha Nebraska. Oh I'm lying it's the place Malcolm X was born and it was one of the main settings in the movie Belly. Lol. Besides that all I know of Nebraska is fields and shit. This poetry head hit me and asked if I wanted to do a poetry festival. I was excited. I like to keep my mind open. I like the country anyway. It's quiet. Peaceful. All things I need right now. Besides I like wandering in other peoples hoods. Makes me feel invincible. Too bad the festival is Summer 2k9. Fuck it something to look forward to





4 comments:

  1. LOL @ you blog address...was gonna ask you is you related to???...LOL

    I wish there were more poetry festivals in Oz because it would be wonderful to travel and listen to some of the poets in this country. Tell me how it goes, any notable people that you liked..blah blah

    By the way love that you love Dead Prez...not many chicks do. I fell in love with a guy simply because he introduced me to the song Mind Sex...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look into poetry festivals over in UK,there are none that I know off but im off to do some research to check that.
    muah!
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Love poetry, and glad to learn about a new poet!

    ReplyDelete