Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Beginnings of the the Female MC

Okay I decided I needed to stop the bullshit and just get on my MC. Because I honestly I dont have the soft lyrical sing song voice that is sought in the poetry indiustry. I'm hood. I'm not quite lady like but I can appear to be so. I'm far from dumb I just dont like being a know it all...because you cant so you always frustrating yourselves and others. I am very concious and very militant. But I'm not a militant black person. I'm just militant and I feel like...like...the game is soft.
There are no female MCs. So the game is soft, bias and in most cases hateful toward women. (And before my male readers even start; I know the differeance between ladies and bitches...and I don't shun songs that sing about genuine bitches but there are virtually no songs calling women queens, goddess, mother nothing. I dead ass can't remember a mainstream MC doing a song about his mother in the past 3 years...wow) Where is the lyricism about women as something other than...
Why when Hip Hop Freshman came out this year there were no females on the line up? Not one. Yeah there is Remy but...she on lock. Lauryn done lost her mine...there is something lacking...

Here is what I have notice in my 2 weeks of being a female MC

1) When dudes find out that your rapping they interview you more than a fucking broadcaster

2) Or they don't believe you

3) Or they think you rhyming about dicks and shit

4) When I practice freestyling in the street ppl look at me like I got bugs in my ear

5) My mother thinks that this is phase (I'm sure many people do actually)

but those are just the cons

1) Since I been on my shit I'm bumping into mad men behind the curtain industry type heads (i.e.) a jamaican basment party on the hill I just happen to be walking by

2) Many who are already doing there thing want to take me under there wing

3) For every person who tell me I'm wack 4.3 tell me I'm hot (yeah I'm keeping count)

4) I'm cautious who I let know I'm spittin

5) Realized how much I love music and how fine my ear is picking out notes and other type things

6) The sky is the limit

7) I don't fight the music, the music fight for me

8) I was born to do this and if you tell me I'm lying I think you stupid

9) I don't know know what High Kun means but that's my booth name

10) I'm a backpack goon rapper ya dig?

**High Kun**

1 comment:

  1. 7) I don't fight the music, the music fight for me

    I LOVE IT! i can't wait.

    ReplyDelete