Thursday, August 07, 2008

The 20th


My manager Reggie put me on the spot last night and asked me what I was doing to get my show out there to the public (ref. to my show on the 20th with Black Ice) So I showed him my myspace page www.myspace.com/sunladyofmelrah and it was listed ut he said that I didnt have the day (e.x. mon) in front of the date so I wrote a blog with all the info on it and posted it (go to my site and look at it, much prettier)

Wednesday August 20, 248 @ the Key Club...
Current mood: excited
Category: Parties and Nightlife

is going to be the place to be; POETS, SINGERS and MCS welcomed to the Verse for Verse Open Mic hosted by RAS BARAKA (author of Black Girls Love Hard) and JUBA DOWDELL; GIA SHAKUR (WORDSTOCK artist, author of Constellation of a Block Star) opening for BLACK ICE (Def Poet, Broadway Performer and Recording Artist) in addition to performances by Rainmaker and Definition and several members from the WORDSTOCK poetry collective. Celebrate with Gia as she releases her debut compilation of poetry CONSTELLATION OF A BLOCK STAR. Let your Verse be heard.

When - Wednesday August 20th 2008
Where - The Key Club 58 Park Place (Downtown Newark) , New Jersey
Cost - 10 b4 10/ 12 after


Oh yea but I didnt tell you the funiest part...nigga got on the phone with my mother and told her that I was slacking on my job and missed rehersal....you know I got screamed at right?

1 comment: